Monday, August 10, 2009

Remembering Juna

I got to know that one of my childhood friend just pass away due to breast cancer. My mom told me that. Asking me whether i still remember Zuraini. of course i remember Juna, tht's what we all called her. I told mom of course i remember and the rest of the class as well since she's the first fren yang kawin. Nothing special rite but in Juna case it's special because she got married when she was 15. Yup, that's when we were in Form 3, study for our SRP.


I remember at that time memang heboh satu kelas, Juna kena paksa kawin by her dad sebab kantoi dating belakang rumah. In typical Kelantanese kampong, jumpa anak dating malam-malam is a big deal, eventhough baru pukul 8 lebih. No dad can tolerate such thing in kelantan those days..and mind you i'm still young OK so those days tu not so long ago.

We lost contact thereafter. My mom did sampaikan salam dia to me as and when they bump into each others. Mom said Juna meniaga kat pasar but i never have a chance to meet her, never during my short trip back eventhough quite few no. of times aku pi pasar teman mom.

So when i heard the news, sadness did wash over me. I do not know if she's having a good life or not but i do pray for her. Looking back, i just can't help wondering what will happen to her if she didnt marry that early. She's smart kid, as smart as i am. if i can be in the position i am now, i'm sure she can as well.

But that's fate. With that, breast cancer had taken away 2 frens of mine at this young age. Alfatihah to Juna and Olin.

No comments: