Monday, November 17, 2008

Not in Dubai

I am searching for backpack and trust me finding a backpack in Dubai is like trying to find a needle in haystack. So very difficult one!! I’ve been to all major shopping malls and can’t find any. Well of course, there’s small daypack by Kipling but I am looking for something like Berghaus or Karrimor or Lowe Alpine, a real deal.

All this searches started when I finally confirmed my trip to Iran, backpacking style...OMG hahaha yup backpacking style which i have not done for the past 4-5 years i guess. A friend of mine quipped why bother to buy since I will use it most probably 1 time only. Well, I have been thinking a lot about all my past diving trips and I do miss it. Started to get in touch with the gang and of course, many of them are asking too many questions on when I am going to join them back. So, I planned that once I am back to Malaysia next year, I will go for one or even 2 diving trips to my favorite Island. So, if I have plan, I need to have the gears.

I’m still searching and googling with a hope that by end of this month I will find it. That’s another 2 weeks to go. But but but.. I read a comment in a forum that there’s none of ths product in Dubai... oh NOOOOOO. Think tonight I will be dreaming of my dirty full with dust Deuter in the storeroom back at home in KL...sob sob sob

5 comments:

Rusdi Abu Bakar said...

Salaam,

Boleh cari dekat Jumeirah, kalau datang dari Union Flag junction sebelah kanan, lupa plak nama kedai dia apa. di Naif Road pun ada. tapi agak crowded la kat situ. Kalau nak pinjam pun ble hehehehe. ambo ado North Face hok 50 litre.

Mother of Two said...

kemas adik die... :)

Anonymous said...

dear kakni;

takde ke tempat yg conventional sket nak backpacking, mcm selising ke, why Iran?

abang halim jgn kasi dia piiii huhuhu

domestic engineer said...

Ke Iran pula, Jordan cancelled??

tini said...

Rusdi, thx for the tips. weekend ni terus pegi carikk.

Na, baik la pegi Iran now. nanti dah kena bom ngan US sumer historical place dah hilang macam kat Iraq. anyway, safe la kat sana.

Ziela, Jordan dah cancelled la lepas mengamuk ngan travel agent dulu. dah marah2 terus tak der mood nak pegi so decided to divert to Iran. cheap and like i said, better visit now.. takut nanti in future US pegi attack kan terus dah tak dapat pegi.