Saturday, February 6, 2010

A place called home

I'm having the biggest headache in my life so far.. reason sebab nak beli rumah. FYI, aku tengah house hunting now. My husband and i dah tengok a place, a 4 story duplex yang memang tranquil and so la chanteks that we love it so much. I'm like falling in love with it straight away esp it's partly furnish with all the fixtures and fittings semua dah ada and it looks great. But i think it's overprice. For that price tag, we can get a semi-d in a nearby area. But my husband reason that the place suit our lifesytle does make sense. It's strictly guarded, so it safe for me who always work till late and furthermore my husband also selalu outstation. we will have our privacy as the unit face a lush green well taken care of garden . Oh i can keep on writing about all it's good quality as i really love it.

My sister sceptical about ths possible purchase as she think it's overprice as well. Also, the monthly maintanence fee pun not cheap.

FYI, my last property purchase is base on love at first sight as well. I bought it because the design is so modern with lots of windows and it look so different. I dont give a heck about value because who care, i bought it because i want to stay there not for investment. It sell out like hot cakes, sekejap saja dah habis, even when i have a secod thought as i want to change to different unit in front row instead of middle row after 2 weeks pun dah tak ada. Lots of people think it's not a good investment since area tu macam a little bit inside from main highway but not for me..like i say i bought it since i fall in love with it.

The house siap early last year and due to our busy schedule, we didn't do anything. sampai aku merajuk with husband since he didnt take any action and whenever i want to decide, he vetoed my decision..mana tak marah. aku dah put initiative to check things/contactors/ID but ada je comments dia, mahal la, tak cantik la etc etc. Sampai my sister cakap "kakni dah tak payah la check since kakni tak ada LOA to decide pun"..marah tak..

So after almost a year tak buat apa while ada some neighbours dah masuk rumah pun, aku dah tawar hati to stay there esp when some renovations are done badly jadi menhodohkan rumah yg originally cantik. In my eye, the original design is so unique but after some tasteless renovation, the once expensive house now looks cheap.

Last week, we decided to put the house for sale. Appoint an agent on Saturday and saw his advertisement on Sunday nite. After few sms and few attemps to nego, which i decline to turunkan price (not because i'm smart but because my husband tak bagi, if up to me i thought nak turunkan sikit as good gesture whc my husband think it's nonsense hehe).. the buyer paid the booking fee on thursday. I always know that i wont have a problem to sell the house. if i can fall in love with the house, i'm sure ramai lagi orang yg sentimental like me. It just that i didnt expect that it will be snatch from the market so fast..not even a week and at our asking price.

So i've proved the feeling does make a different kan..now if i sort of fall in love with this duplex, i'm sure in future akan ada orang yg akan feel that way kan ?? not that i want to buy it for investment..

No comments: